Family Farm Family Farm

My head hurts

Why was that funny? I don't understand. Nothing about it seems humorous, but I couldn't help but laugh... ?

Thief: Rent's Due Thief: Rent's Due

Damn

This makes me want to play Thief again lol.

Seal Clubbing (A History) Seal Clubbing (A History)

Pretty awesome

Really funny, loved the baby seals. I don't understand why the whole thing was so fuzzy though. At least the part with the activists should have been clear if you were going for the projection look, right?

Epic Beard Man Epic Beard Man

Awesome.

I'm glad you decided to go through with the animation.

TmsT's "Spy & Pyro" TmsT's "Spy & Pyro"

OMFG

Whole thing was fantastic, definitely living up to your standard quality of work, but JEEZ the spyro pun, with its myriad levels of hilarity, just about blew my head off. That was gut-bustingly funny, and that is no lie.

The Only Thing I Know The Only Thing I Know

Nice

Enjoyed it immensely.

Moderation and direction is key to integrating VGs into a healthy lifestyle.

Glad you're helping yourself. :)

Day Dreamer Dan Day Dreamer Dan

Genius.

I don't care what everyone else says, that cloud absolutely made my day. 5/10/fave'd for that. :P

L4D Short: Starring Louis L4D Short: Starring Louis

Nice.

While I may not be one of the anti-L4D2 freaks, I enjoyed the animation very much. I got the whole white = clothing thing right away, and I feel for you when you continue to get comments from people who don't even take 30 seconds to read your comments and sort out their confusion rather than flipping out. Err, I mean...

ZOEY ISNT A INDIAN U BIG HO WTF WHY U MAKE HER A STYINKING INDIASN??!1

Good flash, and I think you'll come around once L4D2 is actually out. :P

StealthBeast responds:

LOL. Thank you for not being an idiot. Have a good day lol.

As for L4D2.. If I have to pay full price IE 35-50 dollars for it... Nah, I'm not gonna get it. Maybe later, like when the price goes down, and during a weekend discount for like 15-25 dollars. But definatly not full price. I have alot of stuff I need to buy in the coming days, and my gaming will have to take a back seat.. So I can't afford to re-buy games.

At any rate, glad you liked the flash.

Brawl Funnies [dick 3] Brawl Funnies [dick 3]

Yup.

Since reviews are supposed to be about the animation, then this one gets a 2. It made me laugh little bit, but wasn't great. Don't figure you intended it to be.

That said, I'd like to make two observations.

1.) The vast majority of NG users don't bother to read the author's comments. This saddens me.

2.) You are 100% correct. Not having much animation experience, I can't say that I know for sure how much work goes into any given cartoon, but I have put a lot of effort into music, and the audio portal is, to a lesser degree, the same way. It gets flooded with talentless garbage that covers up the gems. I don't mean people who try and aren't good, either. Just people who don't try. Front page/awards/etc. should be used as an incentive and reward for talent, not for hits, dammit.

dreftclub responds:

A few months ago ashford pride made a movie with a foreboding title. It was called "Awesome Grounds".

Well ladies and gentlemen, that's might as well what this site should be called (at least right now), with the top row on the front page slot dedicated to an "awesome" movie and an "awesome" parody, an "awesome" t-shirt in the newgrounds store, and pretty much every "awesome" movie in the top 100, along with han's "awesome's creed".

I can't go to newgrounds with seeing something not about egoraptor or his coveted video game parody series. It makes me wonder sometimes if pursuing anything but half-assed cartoons making mildly funny observations about video games laced with profanity is even worth it. Truly, they are what bring the masses of 13-year olds to this site, and thus increases traffic and competition in the internet world. But you have to ask yourself, with this sort of two-bit audience increasing in numbers, are they really interested in watching anything else?

I understand that it's a dog eat dog world in the online entertainment business, and to compete you have to pretty much put up content that a majority of internet browsers would click on. This includes either women or video games. Things they already know they want. And that's all they want. They sign up, watch more, and come back and do it again later. They're trained to know that what they want is easily accessible and is promoted all over the site.

Original content is often shuffled off to the bottom of the page, or never gets any attention to begin with. Now comes into play the whole 'they won't click on it unless there's a boob for the icon', etc etc. That's because they've been fashioned to think that way.

I'm not saying i have all the mysterious answers to the way people's minds work. But this much is true - if all people click on are breasts and video game icons, and you give them breasts and video game icons, you're not pushing the envelope.

Newgrounds is the epitome of user-generated content. We already have a massive advantage over youtube in the fact that making a cartoon involves so much more creativity than snappily editing your webcam footage. So instead of 200 cartoons coming out every minute, we have 200 cartoons coming out every day. That gives someone a better chance of breaking out and being discovered for his hard work, and a reward for a job well done.

But in the same way that viewers are trained that they don't have to go out of their way to avoid original content they would otherwise enjoy, authors are becoming more and more disenchanted with their personal creations and are turning to nerd culture icons and cheap tactics to get viewers.

I can't tell you how many animators I have spoken to that have shunned their own creations in favor of sub-pop culture parody and disjointed scripts sprinkled with toilet humor and profanity. a cartoon catering to everyone who's forgotten what cartoons are all about. And here we are shoving away everything about cartoons that was originally appealing and magical, because we're pretty much forced to.

I'm not pointing the finger at any one person here. I think it's part of the bigger picture - bigger than Newgrounds, too. But if people really care about the future of cartoons and animation, we wouldn't be seeing this kind of blatant favoritism.

People will find what they want if they want it. They don't need to be spoon fed it all.

For thirty years animators who strive to create something genuinely unique have gotten nothing but a slap in the face. It's sickening and it has to stop someday, before they all disappear.

Lastly, this post is not about me. I'm not writing this out of self-pity, bitterness or spite. I'm being honest. I care a lot about the future of animation, and what I see around me is very troubling. The industry is bad enough, but where the future lies is in the small corners of the animation world. Newgrounds is one of them. I spend a lot of time trying to encourage and teach frame-by-frame animation, and creating your own characters and scripts. That is what is important

ParodyRangersTheMovie P.2 ParodyRangersTheMovie P.2

OMFG!

First off: AMAZING. Better than part 1, even. Parody rangers = teh win to end all wins.

Second off: The Mulligans? In a flash animation? On the front page? PARODY RANGERS?! I know it's a short clip, but that's ME SINGING! My brain almost exploded watching this!

All my 5/10s are belong to you guys.